sábado, 24 de octubre de 2009

Jazz y cine: una obra maestra

.

No te preocupes por el ayer: ha pasado...

No te angusties por el mañana: aún no llega...

Vive, pues, sin nostalgia ni esperanza:

tu única posesión es el instante.

(Omar Jayyam "Las Rubayat")

My man dont love me

Treats me oh so meanMy man he dont love me

Treats me awfully

Hes the, lowest man

That Ive ever see

He wears high trimmed pan

Stripes are really yellow

He wears high trimmed pan

Stripes are really yellowBut when he starts in to love me

Hes so fine and mellow

Love will make you drink and gamble

Make you stay out all night long repeat

Love will make you drink and gambleMake you stay out all night long repeat

Love will make you do things

That you know is wrong

But if you treat me right babyIll stay home everyday

But if you treat me right baby

Ill stay home everyday

But youre so mean to me baby

I know youre gonna drive me away

Love is just like the faucetIt turns off and onLove is just like the faucet

It turns off and on

Sometimes when you think its on baby

It has turned off and gone

Billie Holiday and Mal Waldron All Stars. Roy Eldridge, Doc Cheatham (tp); Vic Dickenson (tb); Lester Young, Ben Webster, Coleman Hawkins (st); Gerry Mulligan (sbar); Mal Waldron (p); Danny Barker (g); Milt Hinton (b); Osie Johnson (bt); Billie Holiday (vc).

"The Sound Of Jazz" (CBS-TV). Nueva York, 8 de diciembre de 1957.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario